The last month or so has not been good for me health wise. I was hospitalized for a night after a small procedure to get rid of a not so fun build up thanks to my Crohn’s. WHICH by the way, is confirmed to be the bowel disease that I have, and not Ulcerative Colitis as was previously thought. My mental health has also taken a fun dip in the negative pool, but luckily things are on the mend now. I’ve even started a new medication for my Crohn’s which should kick in soon…?!?
That’s why I decided to 🙋♀️TREAT MY SELF💁♀️ and buy some books (as well as check some more out from the library). Also because my new Crohn’s medicine is given by IV infusion that will take at least half an hour + observation time afterwards, it makes sense to go nuts with new reading material… Anyway, that’s my excuse and I’m sticking with it.
[img src: unknown]
I’m not gonna take photos of ALL the books I bought, but I couldn’t help but snap a few of 2 of them as they were too pretty not to!
- The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang
I absolutely loved In Real Life by Jen Wang and Cory Doctrow so I knew I HAD to read this when I heard about it. It just… took me a while… that’s all…. But I knew I’d love it as since it came out so many friends and book people had said they just adored it on every level. LOOK AT THOSE PAGES!!! THE COLOURS!!! ARE!!! SO!!!! VIBRANT!!!!!!!!!!
- All Out: The No Longer Secret Stories of Queer Teens Throughout the Ages edited by Saundra Mitchell
I also bought:
YOUR LIBRARY IS YOUR GREATEST RESOURCE!!! VISIT EVERY BRANCH!!!!!!!!
Luckily all the books I wanted were at the same branch, which IMO is the prettiest one smack dab in the center of the city in the Orchard area.
Books checked out:
- Landscape with an Invisible Hand by M.T. Anderson
- The Girl of Ink and Stars by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
- Super Extra Grande by Yoss
- Tetris: The Games People Play by Box Brown
- The Authentics by Abdi Nazemian
- Akata Warrior by Nnedi Okorafor
- One Hundred Nights of Hero by Isabel Greenberg