I’m Tamara Craiu, that’s pronounced like cry-you. Not cree-ow or cray or even crew. It’s Romanian which is where my father’s family is from. And like my father, I was born in Singapore. From Autumn in 2010, I was living in the UK in London, getting my BA in Photojournalism. After graduation I moved back home to sort myself out before starting my graduate course in Publishing in London at UCL! I now live back home in Sweaty Singapore™ and am super keen to start my career in the diverse and fascinating microcosm that is the Singaporean (and SEAsian) publishing scene.
This blog came about as one part something to keep me occupied, one part somewhere for me to yell excitedly about books instead of in the faces of my exasperated friends and family, and part hope, that my enthusiasm will rub off on people and get them to enjoy reading as much as I do!
- Music interests range from One Direction to Icelandic Black Metal. 💀
- Uses female pronouns like She and Her. It’s not nice to assume!! ⚧
- Roughly the same height as Shakira. 🐭
- Is a reverse Third Culture Kid = Lived in one country growing up, but was immersed in so many cultures that she feels like she belongs everywhere and nowhere. 🌏
- Grew up speaking Spanish and English but can only really read and understand Spanish now. 💃
- Was sorted into Gryffindor on Pottermore, but feels a bit Hufflepuff too. 🐗
- Yes her hair is purple. Yes she had to bleach it. Her dye of choice is Pravana Vivids. 🍆
- Waiting for her moment to destroy an elitist, sexist male nerd with her vast Star Trek and comic knowledge. 💪
- Born the day after Mothers Day in 1991 while her sister was born on Fathers Day. 🌻
- Is a bespectacled, queer Jewish lady living with Crohn’s Disease and a moon tan, Bad Brains and somehow staying alive while existing like so. 🙋