portrait of the blogger in the grim frostbitten north, aka iceland.
I’m Tamara Craiu, that’s pronounced like cry-you. Not cree-ow or cray or even crew. It’s Romanian which is where my father’s family is from. And like my father, I was born in Singapore. From Autumn in 2010, I was living in the UK in London, getting my BA in Photojournalism. After graduation I moved back home for a year to figure myself out, before starting my MA in Publishing in London at UCL! #UCLPub16 I’ve now moved back home to Singapore after being given an extension on my dissertation which I will be submitting by September. And then hopefully getting A Job™ in the small but blossoming publishing industry in Singapore.
portrait of the blogger as a Real Adult at her BA graduation.
This blog came about as one part something to keep me occupied, one part somewhere for me to yell excitedly about books instead of in the faces of my exasperated friends and family, and part hope, that my enthusiasm will rub off on people and get them to enjoy reading as much as I do!
portrait of the blogger drawn by Hamish Steele in chibi form.
- Music interests range from One Direction to Icelandic Black Metal. 💀
- Uses female pronouns like She and Her. It’s not nice to assume!! ⚧
- Roughly the same height as Lady Gaga, Shakira and Kylie Minogue. 🐭
- Is a reverse Third Culture Kid = Lived in one country growing up, but was immersed in so many cultures that she feels like she belongs everywhere and nowhere. 🌏
- Grew up speaking Spanish and English but can only really read and understand Spanish well now. 💃
- Was sorted into Gryffindor on Pottermore, but feels a bit Hufflepuff too. 🐗
- Non existent sweet tooth. It’s either really salty, sour, spicy or nothing at all. 🍲
- Yes her hair is purple. Yes she had to bleach it. Her dye of choice is Pravana Vivids. 🍆
- Waiting for her moment to destroy an elitist, sexist male nerd with her vast Star Trek and comic knowledge. 💪
- Born the day after Mothers Day in 1991 while her sister was born on Fathers Day. 🌻
- Is a bespectacled, queer Jewish lady living with Crohn’s Disease and a moon tan, and somehow staying alive while existing like so. 🙋
Where else can you find me?
When I’m not squealing over books and comics, I’m usually found taking photos:
Upcoming books I’m SUPER PUMPED about:
⇒ Amazon UK ⇐